Summarized by Eileen Bell
The Dedication of the Edmonton Alberta Temple
Eileen Bell 12Dec99 D1
The Edmonton Alberta Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints has now been dedicated. President Gordon B. Hinckley presided
at seven Dedicatory sessions held this weekend. Overflow crowds were
seated in the Edmonton Alberta Riverbend Stake Centre, adjacent to the
Also present at the sessions were Elder Neal A. Maxwell, of the Quorum
the 12, and Elder Hugh W. Pinnock of the Seventy. Special guests
President and Sister Jack of the Cardston Alberta Temple, and many of
saints who were the first to settle in the Edmonton area. Among them
Sister Melba McMullin of Vancouver, who was in the original Edmonton
branch, started in 1936.
Ordinance work at the temple begins on December 13th.