By Kent Larsen
LDS Chapel Evacuated Sunday Followed Gas Leak
RIO RANCHO, NEW MEXICO -- An LDS chapel in Rio Rancho was evacuated Sunday
following a gas leak at a neighboring storage facility. According to police,
the evacuation was made as a precaution because of high natural gas levels.
The leak was caused, police believe, when a car accidentally knocked a gas
line outside Guardian Storage on Golf Course Road in Rio Rancho. The leak
led natural gas levels inside the facility to reach 14%, high enough for a
risk of explosion.
Gas Leak Forces Church Evacuation
Albuquerque NM Journal 31Oct00 D1
Journal Staff Report