Summarized by 'Editor, LDSCaNews'
LDS Family Has Tragedy Hit Again
LETHBRIDGE, ALBERTA, CANADA -- Michael and Jessica Dolamore were
struck with misfortune when their four-day old daughter Hannah had
been admitted to the Lethbridge Regional Hospital to treat a bout of
jaundice. A nurse at the LRH accidentally poured a diluted solution
of formaldehyde into Hannah's incubator in November 1998. The
Dolamores are still in the middle of a legal battle with the Chinook
Health region, the health authority responsible for the LRH.
In an effort to strengthen their daughter's health, the Dolamores, members
of the Magrath Alberta Stake, moved into a new home without irritant-laden
curtains or carpet.
Shortly before one o'clock Saturday afternoon, 15 July 2000, the Magrath
fire department received a phone call reporting their home to be on fire.
Even with several firemen, three pumper trucks and an equipment truck from
the Magrath Fire Department and men and equipment from the nearby Raymond
Fire Department, it still took four hours to douse the fire.
Luckily, the Dolamores and their basement tenant, Richard Bischke, were not
home at the time of the fire, but virtually all of their belongings were
lost in the blaze.
Firefighters were still unsure of the cause of fire as of 17 July.
Lethbridge Herald, 17 Jul 2000
Tragedy Hits Again
LDS Canada News 16Jul00 A4
LDSCaNews SUBSCRIPTION INFO
We are always looking for additional items, especially those outside of
Southern Alberta and Toronto. If you know of any news items involving
Canadian Latter-day Saints, please forward them
To subscribe to LDSCaNews, send a blank e-mail to:
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
For other LDS Canada resources, visit the LDS Canada website at