Summarized by Janus Wilkinson
Heater in LDS Chapel Causes Fire
AMARILLO, TEXAS -- An LDS Chapel in Amarillo suffered a burned closet
and light smoke damage throughout the building Tuesday when a
malfunctioning heater caught fire. According to a report in the
Amarillo Globe-News, the fire started at about 9:45 am on Tuesday.
Firefighters were able to contain the damage because they responded
so quickly to the fire, according to the report, which was based on
an Amarillo Fire Department Press Release. The fire started at about
9:45 am. The Department was alterted, arrived on the scene and had
the blaze under control in about 10 minutes.
BRIEFS: Malfunctioned church heater causes fire
Amarillo TX Globe-News 18Oct00 D1